*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 30 November 2020

Christmas is coming.

 

Take a couple of years ago.

I borrowed this poem from a friend on Facebook. I think it sums up the year really well :-(

T'was a month before Christmas,πŸŽ„

And all through the town,

People wore masks,😷

That covered their frown.

The frown had begun☹️

Way back in the Spring,🌷

When a global pandemic 🌍

Changed everything.

They called it corona,

But unlike the beer,🍺

It didn’t bring good times,

It didn’t bring cheer.🍻

Contagious and deadly,☠️

This virus spread fast,

Like a wildfire that startsπŸ”₯

When fueled by gas ⛽️

Airplanes were grounded,πŸ›¬

Travel was banned.

Borders were closed

Across air, sea and land.πŸ›«πŸ›₯🚘

As the world entered lockdownπŸ”

To flatten the curve,↩️

The economy halted,

And folks lost their verve.πŸ›‘

From March to July

We rode the first waveπŸ„‍♀️🌊

People stayed home,

They tried to behave.🏑

When summer emergedπŸ–

The lockdown was lifted.

But away from caution,

Many folks drifted. πŸ•⛱🩳🩱

Now it’s November🌨❄️❄️

And cases are spiking,

Wave two has arrived,🌊🌊

Much to our disliking.

Frontline workers,

Doctors and nurses 🩺πŸ₯ΌπŸ‘¨πŸ»‍⚕️πŸ‘©πŸΌ‍πŸ”¬πŸ‘©πŸ½‍⚕️

Try to save people,

From riding in hearses.πŸͺ¦

This virus is awful,😒

This COVID-19.

There isn’t a cure.

Not yet a vaccine.πŸ’‰

It’s true that this year

Has had sadness a plenty,😭

We’ll never forget

The year 2020.🧻🧻🧻🧴

And just ‘round the corner -

The holiday season,πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌ

But why be merry?

Is there even one reasonπŸ‘©πŸ½‍🍼✝️

To decorate the house 

And put up the tree,πŸŽ„

When no one will see it,

No one but me.πŸ”ŽπŸ‘“πŸ€¦‍♀️

But outside my windowπŸͺŸ

The winter now calls,🌨

And I think to myself,

Let’s deck the halls!☃️⛄️☃️⛄️

So, I gather the ribbon,πŸŽ—

The garland and bows,πŸŽ€

As I play those old carols,

My happiness grows.πŸ₯°πŸ€©πŸ₯°πŸ€©πŸ₯³

Christmas is not cancelled⛪️πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸΌ

And neither is hope.

If we lean on each other,πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘©‍πŸ‘¦‍πŸ‘¦

I know we can cope ❤πŸ’š


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails