*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 14 June 2010

Saying Goodbye.

This morning we said goodbye to our good friends Nigel and Anne on NB Enseabee. They arrived in the basin yesterday and we enjoyed a fabulous meal out with them last night in the Waterfront Restaurant.

This past couple of days have been pretty manic for me, as I have been helping out in the basin, which others had the weekend off. I really enjoy helping people, I am a real people person. Saturday we went to the local carnival and then came back and enjoyed a glass of wine with friends outside of the boat in the glorious sunshine.
Yesterday we had the basin to look after all day. It meant seeing the hire fleet in and allowing private boats in for overnight moorings. I could only allow three private boats in, as all the other slots had to be secured for the hire boats. As it turned out only three private boats wanted an overnight mooring, the rest were happy to wind and moor out on the towpath. The Foxton day boat paid a visit to the basin with a party onboard celebrating a 21st birthday, so they were in good cheer. What was refreshing though was they had two designated steerers who were not drinking, which is fantastic. They stayed for a couple of hours, before heading back to Foxton. It was a very busy day, which ended in our friends arriving at 7pm. We all did a quick clothes change and headed into the restaurant for a sumptuous meal, washed down by a bottle of wine. We then retired to their boat for another bottle of wine. It was heading for 11pm before we got back to the boat and then a cup of tea was needed before bed.
Today has been much quieter. I have done a bit of shopping ready for us to leave on Wednesday. Tomorrow is a busy day, and I will post about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails