*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 6 September 2010

Charity Shops.

Hi Folks.

When is a Charity Shop not a Charity Shop?
When it wants to charge you £40 for a hat that's when.

I went into a charity shop in Market Harborough this morning to look at a hat in the shops window. I thought it would be great to wear whilst boating. It was similar to the one in my profile photo. I was asked the assistant how much it was and was flabbergasted beyond flabbergasted when she told me it was £40.... arghhhhh.

What ever happened to the old charity shops, when you could buy things at reasonable prices?

It is becoming more and more noticeable that charity shops prices are getting higher and higher.
There was a time when I could buy my t-shirts in charity shops to wear on the boat and not worry about trashing them, but these days it is cheaper to shop in Primark.
I realise that Charities need to make money, but they are going about it the wrong way. I am certainly not going to pay £40 for something which is only worth at most £10. The hat in my profile picture I bought for £15 at Trentham Gardens. I seriously think that if Charity Shops continue putting their prices up, they are going to lose core customers and this will put people off of giving donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails