*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 8 June 2013

In to Welford.

Map picture

Travelled 6.3 miles, worked 1 lock in a time of 2 hour 20 minutes.

It was a very leisurely start to the day with a bit of a lie in and the usual morning cup of tea in bed. It was gone 9.30am before we were ready for the off and before we left our mooring of the past couple of days, we had a chat with Jan and Tom on NB Waiouru who were also on their way heading to Foxton. It was a treat to spend the day with them yesterday and I am sure we will see them again before long.

SAM_5443

Keith was very creaky this morning, because his back locked up yesterday whilst standing at the work bench and now he is walking like an old man with grumps and groans along the way. Everything he did this morning was done with an expression of pain on his face.

SAM_5448

10am we left the mooring waving to Jan and Tom as we left. It was onward to Husbands Bosworth Tunnel. I put a wash on whlst on the move.

SAM_5450

Out the other end and the wash was done and hung in the engine room to dry.

SAM_5451

11.25am we were at the junction with Welford. Up the Welford Arm I worked the lock and then we pulled in above the lock and I walked further down the arm to see if there were any moorings.

SAM_5452

Mooring found we are now moored up, lunch has been eaten and so now the afternoon is my own. On Monday we have a coal delivery coming, so we are ready for that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails