With the promise of another hot and sunny day, I was going to second coat the back cabin and engine room roof.
It was actually a rather grey start with low cloud and a chill in the air, but ideal for painting.
Whilst I got on with painting the roof, Keith set about mending our Kebb which got broken last year on the Marple flight.
He cut the damaged end off and reshaped it to fit the kebb, I then rubbed down the pole with Teak oil to give it some protection against the weather.
Whilst the roof dried I painted the new fireman’s hose with 2 coats of white emulsion. So from a dirty brown colour, it is now nice and white.
Keith then got on with painting the red on our water cans. Red bleaches easily and so it was looking a little tired.
I then turned my attention to the galley doors and gave them their second coat of varnish.
After some lunch, it was beginning to warm up, so I got on with rubbing down the galley roof and then gave it, its first coat of paint. The sun then came out drying the paint really quickly. Tomorrow it will get its second coat. It was nice to get so much done today and tomorrow it will be another day of painting.