*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 23 September 2016

Busy day.

Hi Folks.

It has been a busy old day.
This morning I donned my Saltisford t-shirt. Gathered my tools and set off into the Sensory garden to get on with pruning and cutting back ready for the Winter.
Before I got on with the cutting back, I wanted to put a felt roof on our bug hotel.
It still needs more items added, but already there are some large spiders housed in amongst the logs.
Next we turned our attention to the Sensory Garden. We had a shredder in so we made the most of it by cutting everything back.
It all looks nice and tidy ready for the onslaught of Winter, which will eventually arrive and with us going out again, I need not worry about doing it when I get back.
With the weather having been moist and warm, we have been treated to some lovely Fungi in the Arm.
Some of it very colourful.
Small is also beautiful.
All shapes and sizes.
 

We have been doing more work on our own garden, because I wanted to increase our pebbled area and add some grasses and alpines.
We still need to add more stones, but so far we are pleased with our efforts.
The Strawberry patch has been getting a makeover. I am getting rid of the old plants and putting in some of the runners, which will be the strawberry plants for next year. We have had quite a few Strawberries off our few plants this year and look forward to more sweet delights next year.
After lunch Keith got on with sorting the generator out and all being well it should be finished tomorrow. We will then need to run it, to see if it works alright.
It has been an enjoyable day all in all.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails