*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 13 September 2016

Weather plays its part.

The Canal Fun Weekend was all set up and sadly the weather did not play ball on Saturday.
It rained pretty much on and off all day.
I set up my stall as did the other stall holders and hoped people would come.
 
Jean and Maurice already.
We would not let the rain get us down.
Dignitaries boarded our day boat for the 11 am boat ride.
Off the Beat'n Track Samba Band from Coventry, were amazing and certainly brightened the day on Saturday.
Historic boats Nutfield and Raymond and Steam Boat Adamant were popular. Saturday was slow, but we all had a great day even though the food did not turn up. Thankfully the beer tent was popular.
 
Sunday
 
What a difference a day makes.
The sun shone from dawn until dusk and this bought the public out.
The Samba band enjoyed another trip on the day boat. The noise was fantastic.


The trading boats unfortunately did not have a lucrative weekend, but that is sometimes how it goes. I think the footfall was not enough.
Simon the Blacksmith hard at work.
With the sun out and the music, food and beer flowing it was a fabulous day for everyone. I did alright on my stall, so can say I had a good weekend. Looking forward to next years now.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails