*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 22 September 2017

Lapworth Flight and Bricks.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

Last night we were treated to a beautiful sunset at Kingswood Junction. Whilst out with Paddy for his last wee's I heard a Little Owl calling, but there was no response, so I am guessing it was all alone. There is nothing more wonderful than hearing an Owl.
This morning we were treat to a beautiful misty, sunny start. It looked as if the water was steaming.
We set off at 8.40am, with the Lapworth Flight ahead of us. Another boat beat us to the first lock, so we had to follow on behind, which did not prove a problem, because they were setting the lock for us and I was setting the locks for a boat behind us. We arrived at our friend Jacky's cottage below the top lock at 11.20am. We were there to collect bricks, which will be the ballast in our hold. Jacky was busy with her garden gang, who are redesigning her garden, so Keith and I got on with moving 11 cubic foot of bricks on our sack truck. I lost count of how many journeys we made back and forwards, but it was all done and dusted by 11.55pm. We have loaded the bricks in the hold and stacked them, so they can dry out, because of the weather yesterday they got soaked. We will lay them under the shutts when we get back to our mooring.
Having said our "Goodbyes" we were off at 2pm, I did the last lock and the first of two lift bridges. The second lift bridge was worked for us, which was a bonus, because I was feeling everso slightly shattered.
Our cruising day ended at 4.45 at Drawbridge, Solihull, where we had fish and chips at the Drawbridge Inn, before a nice hot shower and feet up.
It has been a long day, but a satisfying one.

Pop back again xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails