*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 21 September 2017

On the road again

Hello dear Friends and Followers.

Yes we are on the move. We are heading for Birmingham. Before leaving Saltisford, Keith had to go and collect his medication from the chemist. Yesterday he went and had his free flu jab at the surgery, but his medication was not ready, so he had to go back for it this morning. Oh I have not updated you. Since I last posted we have celebrated our 13th Wedding Anniversary and Keith's 65th Birthday. For our wedding anniversary we went and had a meal out at Chopsticks in Warwick. For Keith's Birthday we went to Stratford-Upon-Avon for the day and then a meal out in the evening at Chopsticks, because Mr India was closed.
So back to the here and now.
We said "cheerio" to our mooring this morning at 10.30am and set off for Hatton Locks.
When we set off it was very overcast, but dry which was a bonus because rain had been forecast.
By the time we got half way up the flight, the rain began to fall. At first it was just a drizzle, but by the time we got to the top of the flight, it was pouring down. We did the flight in 2 hours 45 minutes, which was pretty good considering the weather and with some of the locks against us.
When it rains and you are wet, the best thing to do is make Bacon sandwiches. I had lit the back cabin stove first thing this morning, so if we did get wet, we could dry all our stuff out. It also served to keep a kettle boiling and of course the cooking of the bacon.
At 3.05pm we arrived at Kingwood Junction on the Stratford Canal and moored up. A good days cruising, even though it was wet.
We are now drying out nicely in a snuggly boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails