*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 19 July 2019

Back cabin time.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Hooray it has been raining pretty much all day. The garden, the reservoirs and the canals are thankful for a drenching. Of course it will not last, as we are heading for temperatures into the high Twenties next week, but at least it is a start.
Having finished the engine room. it was time to turn my attention to the back cabin. A couple of years ago, I painted the bed 'ole area Cream and we love it, because it is nice and bright. With the scumble now suffering in the rest of the back cabin, we have come to the decision to repaint the whole thing. This morning we took down all the plates.
I took these two photographs, to remind me where the plates go when I come to putting them back up.
Once all the plates, curtains and other bits were removed from the back cabin it was time to sand down the walls, ceiling and shelves.
I have decided on a two tone colour scheme. English Sage Green for the bottom half of the cabin and Cream for the top half. I was very thankful to the little mouse sander I have, because it made my job so much easier, than rubbing it down by hand.
Over the years the scumble has gotten darker and so I decided to paint the walls and ceiling in White undercoat first.
Tomorrow I will be putting the first top coat on.
Inbetween rubbing down and painting, I cooked Spagetti Bolognaise for lunch and did a large Whites wash, which included all the back cabin lace, curtains and cushions. I have a feeling we may need sun glasses to sit in the back cabin when it is finished :-).

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails