*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 27 July 2019

Cooling down.

Hiya family, friends and followers.

If you are reading this post, you must have survived the mini heatwave we experienced the other day. When I was a teenager, I could literally lie out in the sun all day, but not anymore. Now I stay indoors, close the curtains, turn on the fan and watch films. That is how I have spent the past few days.
So this morning, when I woke up, I was so pleased to see it raining and the temperature a lot cooler. The good old British Summer, likes to throw curve balls into the mix and the mini heatwave was it. The one thing us Brit's are good at is talking about the weather. We hate it when it rains, we hate it when it is too hot. For me the rain is so welcome, because the farmers, reservoirs, canals, garden and wildlife need it. Of course it is nice to have sunny days thrown in, but we do so need the rain. The one thing about this wonderful country of ours, is that we have such a diverse weather system. We are fortunate to have Four seasons, which give us all sorts of weather. I personally would not change it for the world. I have friends who live in countries where it is just hot, hot, hot all year round. So although I will say it was too hot for me, I appreciate what we have in the way of different weather.
Thursday, I did nothing, not even painting. I slobbed out and watched films. Friday I was back whelding a paintbrush, but this time I was varnishing the doors in the back cabin. The doors have Roses and Castles painted on them and they need protecting, so I clear varnish them at least every couple of years. I have not hung the curtains yet, because I am still waiting for my curtain hooks to arrive, so you will have to wait for a finally finished photograph.
Today being Saturday, it has as I said at the beginning been raining pretty much all day. I have spent the day cooking, cleaning and crocheting, whilst watching films on Film4. Because it is the school Summer holidays, the range of films has been great today. We had Ice Age, Puss in Boots, Mrs Doubtfire and next is The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. All I really needed was Popcorn and a glass of something cool.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails