*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 21 April 2020

Day 82: Birthday in lockdown

Dear family, friends and followers.

Another year has past and yes it is my birthday today along with her majesty the Queen. I know so many will be spending their birthday in lockdown, so I know I am not alone. It does feel rather odd, knowing we will not be going out today or having a meal out, but I will make the most of it. The one big downside is I have no chocolate on the boat. How stupid is that. I do however have wine and we will get a takeaway delivered later. Keith gave me a lovely letter K charm for my troll bracelet and I have had a couple of cards, with I know more in the post, but they will not get to me till Friday, because we only get our post twice a week at the moment. Anyway it is what it is and I will have a lovely day no matter what.

Thought I would share this:

(Not mine and not sure of original source)

Here is a great analogy of the Coronavirus situation.

If you have to climb up a tree to escape from a lion then what is the primary criteria for deciding when to come down again?

Is it a question of how long you have been sitting up in the tree, or of how uncomfortable it is up the tree, or how there are other places you need to go to and things you need to do?

No, the most important question is, where is the lion now?

Is it still waiting for you at the bottom of the tree? If not is it still nearby to the tree and have you acquired any better tools for locating the lion and also tools for defending yourself when you climb back down.

At the moment all we know is that the Lion, if not at the bottom of the tree, is nearby, and the only way to defend ourselves from the Lion at present is to stay up the tree.

And here we must stay until we know that the Lion is either gone or until we know how to get rid of the Lion.

In short there is no reason to return to normal just because there's been abnormal for a few weeks and people don't like it.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails