Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.
I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!
Thursday, 23 April 2020
Day 84: Another year older and wiser.
Thank you for your birthday wishes. I can honestly say I had a lovely Birthday, even though we are in lockdown. Normally we would be off out for the day and enjoy a meal out in a restaurant. Obviously that could not happen, so we had the meal come to us.
Day 84 of this virus in the UK and it looks like we will be in lockdown in some form for quite sometime, so it is time to knuckle down and get lots of jobs done. Today was the day to be getting some of the boats paintwork sorted out. There is touching up to be done, where Keith has knocked the paint off, whilst we were out at the beginning of March. I like to keep on top of the paintwork, to keep the boat tidy. This of course involve getting out my sander. There is nothing nicer than working with power tools. I am now just hoping I have enough paint to get all the jobs done.
After lunch, I sat and began crocheting heart for palliative care patients at our local hospitals in Warwick and Coventry. I contacted them to see if they needed anything and they need crochet hearts. So with the help of Youtube, I am going to see how many I can make. I am making them in different sizes as well. I love a challenge.
It has been another fabulous day weather wise and we are set for the same tomorrow, so I will be painting once again.
I am finishing today's post with a laugh, because I think we can all do with one right now.
I pinched this from another site - enjoy 👍
These are ‘supposedly’ genuine clips from council complaint letters:
1. My bush is really overgrown round the front and my back passage has fungus growing in it.
2. He's got this huge tool that vibrates the whole house and I just can't take it anymore.
3. it's the dog mess that I find hard to swallow.
4. I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
5. I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly then he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.
6. And their 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.
7. I wish to report that tiles are missing from the outside toilet roof. I think it was bad wind the other night that blew them off.
8. My lavatory seat is cracked, where do I stand?
9. I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is coming away from the wall.
10. Will you please send someone to mend the garden path? My wife tripped and fell on it yesterday and now she is pregnant.
11. I request permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen.
12. 50% of the walls are damp, 50% have crumbling plaster and 50% are plain filthy.
13. I am still having problems with smoke in my new drawers.
14. The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.
15. Will you please send a man to look at my water; it is a funny colour and not fit to drink.
16. Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
17. I want to complain about the farmer across the road; every morning at 6am his cock wakes me up and its now getting too much for me.
18. The man next door has as large erection in the back garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
19. Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two children and would like a third, so please send someone round to do something about it.
20. I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat and would you please do something about the noise made by the man on top of me every night.
21. Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.
22. I have had the clerk of works down on the floor six times but I still have no satisfaction.
23. This is to let you know that our lavatory seat is broke and we can't get BBC2.
Pop back soon xxx