*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 28 April 2020

Day 89: Rainy Tuesday.

Dear family, friends and followers.

We have all gotten so used to the sunshine, but this morning we woke up to the pitter, patter of rain on the back cabin roof. April has apparently been the sunniest April on record, which we have all welcomed and enjoyed, especially for those of us who have gardens or nice places to do our exercise. Our garden certainly benefited from the rain, because I have been watering everyday with canal water. Using the watering can has been good exercise, which is a bonus.
Right I am going to get on my high horse for a minute or two, so if you do not want to read my rant then feel free to find another blog to read.
This past weekend, has seen people having bar-b-ques with friends and this is not just people living in houses inviting their friends around, this has included boaters doing the same thing. Friends have recorded this happening and there was absolutely no social distancing whatsoever. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Have people not been listened to a word that has been said?
Have they not read about all the deaths of the public and key workers?
Have they not seen any of this on the TV or listened to the radio?
NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE is immune from this killer virus. It is killing millions across the world. Not only are these people putting their lives at risk, they are risking the lives of others including their families. People have been photographed and videoed gathering at locks, which is putting the lives at risk of the ones who are still working on the canal, supplying diesel, coal, gas and pump outs. Daily exercise is not an excuse to gongoozle. GO HOME. People are gathering in parks and not exercising, instead they are sitting around on the grass. Daily exercise is walking, cycling, running and then you go straight home. You do not hang around in groups nattering and drinking. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Do as you are asked. Because if you do not, this virus will just carry on killing people and it will kill someone you love.
Ok rant over.
Sorry, but this makes me both angry and sad, because the majority of people are doing the right thing.

So the rest of my day was spent crocheting more Palliative hearts and tidying in the boat, because with the rain lasting all day, I was never going to any work done outside. I did have to venture out to collect a parcel at the gate for a neighbour, because we are not allowing anyone in the gate unless we know them.
We have now watched 6 seasons of Game of Thrones and need to buy seasons 7 and 8 to finish the amazing series off. We have both really enjoyed it so much. I do find the violence tough at times and some of the fruity language, but the story line is so brilliant, I kind of let those things go over my head a bit. I am not a violence and bad language kind of lady, as my family and friends will tell you, but the series has been amazing, with it special effects and just the sheer brilliance of the characters.
Tomorrow is another day and we will all hopefully wake up healthy and safe.

Pop back soon xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails