*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 27 May 2010

Chips Glorious Chips.



















According to the The Mail Online. There are 16 different types of chips. It seems that the Supermarkets stock 16 different sorts of chips in their freezer departments.
Surely a chip is a chip?
Why do people feel the need to buy chips, when you can make your own???
I know your gonna say convinence, to me it is laziness.
The Supermarkets are just keeping up with what we the people ask for it seems. There are homestyle chips (oven ones that go crispy), crinkle homefries, chunky oven, crinkle oven, straight cut oven, thin and crispy oven, homefries (chunkier, with a fluffy texture), crispy French fries, chunky homefries, rustic oven (with skin on one side), beer battered, curly fries, golden fries (with a turmeric and paprika coating), steak cut oven (long and straight), frying chips (small and thin) and low-fat oven.
On the boat I very rarely do chips. Many a boat fire has been started because of a chips pan. Not only that we do not eat chips that often and when we do, it is usually when we are eating out. If I were to cook chips, i would peel potatoes and make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails