*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 1 May 2010

Happy 1st of May,

Happy May Day everyone. It is the 1st of May and yep another Bank Holiday, so of course the weather is not great. May Day for me as a child was dancing around a May Pole. I am not sure if this actually happens anymore. If you know any different, then please let me know?
I can remember dressing up in my Sunday best, to run around in circles, with a ribbon in my hand. Now we were supposed to do a dance, but more often than not it would end up in chaos.
This May Day has as such been a quiet affair. There have been a couple of boats winding in the basin, but not as many as we expected. Maybe the weather forecast has put people off from going out. Our morning began with me walking P after breakfast. We then decided to take a walk down into the town. Not P and I silly, I meant K and I walked down into town. K wanted some paint brushes, so we took a leisurely stroll into the town and saw that they had an Arts and Crafts Fair on, so we decided to go and have a nose. There was not much to our liking, but we did see our boat photograph as a Mouse Mat. Yep our boat will have a mouse running around on it. I of course could not resist buying one, and at £2.50 it did not break the bank. We also bought an old Copper Kettle from Joules Court Yard. As I type it is being cleaned. The walk just about did K in, so we made our way back to the boat, where we have stayed.
Is rather sad that we are not at the Little Venice Cavalcade with all of our boating friends, we will have to go another year. But I hope they all have a fabulous time. It was there last year that I met LadyBanana for the first time. It was wonderful to meet up with a fellow blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails