*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 25 June 2011

Charity ride from Alvechurch to Worcester taking place.

I wondered why I was seeing so many cyclists this morning as I tried to walk the towpath between locks. Having looked at some of the t-shirts the cyclists were wearing I soon realised they were taking part in the Alvechurch to Worcester Charity Cycle Ride for Acorns Children’s Hospice. Now whilst I think the cycle ride is a great idea, I do have concerns about them cycling along the towpath and it appears I am not alone. I read a posting by Andrew on NB Granny Buttons date Tuesday, 10 April 2007, and it seems there were concerns about the charity bike ride back then. I am all in favour of people raising money for their charity, but it does have to be done safely and I can say that some of the riders on this charity ride were not riding safely. Some were a danger to other towpath users including myself, who almost got mown down a couple of times by boy racers. Since we have been moored at Tibberton, there have been several cyclists skidding on the towpath near our boat and some looking worst for wear having been in the pub. As Andrew explains on his blog the route is pretty much down hill (CLICK), which means they are going to be travelling at speed for most of the journey. It may not be so bad if they had people on the route watching what some of the cyclists are doing. Maybe they need checkpoints to make sure people are riding responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails