*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 18 June 2011

Severn Valley Railway.

Hi Friends.

What an amazing day I have had along with the other half. We spent the whole day at The Severn Valley Railway (CLICK). From the Sainsbury's moorings we walked up to the Kidderminster Railway Station, the SVR is right next door. After finding our way on to the train, we settled in for the trip to Bridgnorth. The plan was to do the 16 miles to Bridgnorth, then stop at Highley Station on the way back. On the way to the Bewdley station the first station on the trip, we passed a field full of beautiful Poppies. Poppies have a very short flowering period so we were lucky to be able to see this amazing spectacle.
To think that this railway came about because of a few enthusiasts, who met in a pub and decided to save part of the railway for future generations, it is an incredible story, but it is true. If you ever get the chance to visit it, you will not be disappointed. When we arrived at Bridgnorth, we had some lunch and then walked into the town of Bridgnorth (CLICK). The town is very pretty. I will post more on the town tomorrow.
Each of the signal boxes along the route were manned. As were all the stations. The whole set up is brilliantly run.
Each of the stations we passed were all stunning in their own right. It kind of made you feel like you were in the 1940's.
The River Severn was looking calm and a little on the low side, but still oh so beautiful.
There is something majestic about hearing a steam train rumbling down the track. I am not a railway geek, but I really did have a fabulous time today. on our return journey we stopped off at Highley and had a look around the museum, I will post those pictures tomorrow. I am now really bushed, so I just hope I sleep well tonight.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails