*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 6 June 2011

Etruria to Stone.

Hi Friends.

After what was a fabulous weekend, it was time to head back to Stone. So at 8.30am we left our overnight mooring and set off behind Swift, most of the other boats had set off an hour or so before us, but we were in no hurry and thought it better to let them go.
I helped Swift to work some of the locks, before we got parted by boats coming in the other direction, but every little helps. The weather stayed fair and the sun even put in an appearance once or twice. We passed Mark on NB Cindy Babe coming out of Stoke-on-Trent, so passed the time of day as we passed each other. Considering going up to Etruria took six and a quarter hours today's trip was only 4 and a quarter and this was due to the fact we did not have to queue for long at locks.
What started out as a quiet trip ended as an eventful trip, because we had a lady boater fall in the canal above bottom Meaford lock as Keith was passing them in the pound. It had nothing to do with us passing them, she lost her footing and fell in. No damage done apart from her pride, but she was amazed she did not lose her glasses. The BW man at the lock shouted, you have been baptised now and laughed.
Having arrived in Stone we are now moored up just above Roger Fuller's basin for the night. I have some bread to buy, but that will only happen once I have had my lunch.
In the Sentinel today, there is a piece about the festival and my photo is also in there. (CLICK). You will find me on the 7th photo.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails