*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 11 June 2011

Busy Saturday.

Hiya Friends.

Well here we are another weekend and lots of people going to rallies, festivals and fetes. We are moored up for the weekend enjoying the peace and quiet. We have friends at the Pelsall Rally, so I hope they are having a lovely time.
I was in bed at 9.30pm last night, as I was completely pooped. But that meant I was awake at 6am this morning, after a good eight and half hours sleep, which was much needed. Keith plugged in the TV and I made a cup of tea, so there we were sitting in bed watching the BBC1 news, drinking tea.
What a perfect way to start a Saturday morning?
Come 8am I was up and off walking Paddy up the towpath, by the time I got back Keith had laid up breakfast for me. After breakfast I lit the back cabin stove, because there was a definite chill in the air. It was not long before a warmth permeated through out the boat. I do love my back cabin stove lit. Not only does it supply heat, it also cooks our meals and boils our kettle.
It was a busy morning, an oil change for the generator, this following an oil change for the engine yesterday. The 2nd sheet of sound proofing fixed to the underside of the generator shelf, an aerial cable run through from the bed 'ole through the engine room behind the generator and calorifier, so we can just plug it into the aerial from the saloon TV. We then reset the temperature on the immersion heater, so that the water is a little hotter during the summer. I moved some coal forward in the hold, because after filling up with diesel yesterday the bow has come up again and the stern has gone down into the water. I may still have to move more forward, but for now it looks much better. By the time all of this was done it was fast approaching midday and time for some well earned lunch.
After lunch I cooked a minced beef curry for tonight's dinner, which is now cooking in the back cabin stove. It has begun raining, so it looks like we did all our jobs just in time.
It is now 13.37pm and the TV is on for the afternoon film, so I am going to put my feet up and relax for a while. Soon it will be dinner time and I will have lots of new jobs to do.
I hope your weekend is a good one.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails