*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 19 June 2011

Severn Valley Railway Part 2.

Hi Friends.

As promised yesterday here are some more photo's of our day out on the Severn valley railway. In all I took 131 photos, but here is another glimpse at the day we enjoyed.

As we walked into the station,we were greeted by by a scene from the war years. Next weekend 25th-26th June they are holding a 1940's weekend.
Bridgnorth was packed with local people there for the market, holiday makers and of course all of those people who were visiting from the train like us. The town is split into two sections, the hight town and the low town. We only got to see the high town on this visit. I would recommend that if your going to pay Bridgnorth a visit you allow a whole day. (CLICK).
We took a quick walk around the castle gardens as the weather closed in and it began to rain. I want to definitely come back again and spend a day walking around the town.
There are some impressive buildings in Bridgnorth.
Big and little boys toys.
The Engine House, is a grown man and little boys heaven with lots of engines to look at and drowl over. (CLICK)
This is the closest I will ever get to driving a train. I could not resist having a go whilst at the Engine House Museum and Visitor Centre.
We got a sneeky peek of the West Midlands Safari Park. (CLICK)
Into the tunnel we go.
This is the steam train that got us back to the station at Kidderminster.Time to say goodbye to the Severn Valley Railway after an excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails