*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 28 February 2012

Roseford Bridge No.94, Staffs & Worcs canal, Acton Trussell to moored opposite Stretton Boatyard, north of Brewood, Shropshire Union canal.

IMG_6591

Travelled 20.8 miles, worked 11 locks in a time of 9 hours, 25 minutes.

We set off at 8.05am towards my first lock of the day.

IMG_6592

Shutt Hill Lock was in our favour, which was a good start to what was going to be a very long day.

We then headed towards Penkridge having done two other locks, I stepped off the boat at Penkridge lock, which was against us.

IMG_6593

The footbridge has been surrounded by scaffolding and this was to be the same at Otherton and Robaston Locks. I have a feeling this is for Health and Safety reasons, and before long there will probably be handrails on these three footbridges.

Spring is definitely on the way as there were many Daffodils out in flowers and I also saw some Violets.

IMG_6596

IMG_6595

At Cross Keys Bridge, Penkridge we saw Monarch and Grimsby, but no sign of wither Viv or Simon.

IMG_6602

It was onward to Gailey Lock.

IMG_6605

We got to meet up with the guys who have been cutting down all the over hanging vegetation along the canal.

IMG_6610

At 3.15pm we turned on to the Shropshire Union Canal at Autherley Junction.

IMG_6612

We pressed on and found ourselves behind another boat was we passed the Wolverhampton boat club. The boat very kindly allowed us to pass them, so we pressed on to wards Brewood, which we were hoping to moor at for the night, but having arrived at Brewood to find no mooring space, we were less inclined to press on to Wheaton Aston, just in case it was the same situation there, so having crossed the Stretton Aqueduct over the A5, we pulled into the towpath opposite Stretton Boatyard. As we were making our approach we had a very brief chat with Sarah & Jim on Chertsey & Bakewell. Chertsey is looking very smart in her new livery, last time we saw her she was in Red Oxide.

It has been a very long day and in fact our longest cruising day this year so far. I have cooked dinner and we are now enjoying a coffee whilst catching up on e-mails etc. Tomorrow we will be heading for diesel at Wheaton Aston.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails