*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Brussel Sprouts.

You either love them or hate them, I love them, but have to say that as a child I did not like them, but was always made to eat at least one on Christmas Day. These days my tastes have changed and I love Brussel Sprouts. If like me you like Sprouts but are never sure what to do with them, then why not give this recipe a go.

Sausages with Winter Veg.

4 sausages , regular or reduced-fat
2 parsnips
2 or 3 medium potatoes
175g Brussels sprouts
4 tbsp milk
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard.
Garlic if you like it.


Grill the sausages for 10-12 mins, turning frequently. Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the parsnips and potatoes, then cook in boiling salted water for about 10 mins. Shred sprouts, add to the pan for the last 2-3 mins and cook until all the vegetables are tender.
Drain and mash the vegetables, then beat in the milk and mustard with salt and pepper. Serve with the sausages.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds great - a sort of 'upper class' bubble'n squeak or perhaps 'Bangers & posh Mash!' Actually on Boxing Day I always mash up the leftovers - sprouts,parsnips & potatoes and have a real hearty fry-up. :) Yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting, I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails