*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 28 February 2014

The Mattress saga

Yesterday I told you about the new mattress we are buying for our back cabin bed and I said we had problems with one company. Well here is the e-mail conversation Keith had with this company.

 

Dear Sir/Madam, we are looking to replace our custom made mattress in our working narrowboat. It consists of 3 separate mattresses each measuring 24" by 48" by 4" thick. It is made this way as one of the sections forms a seat (for which we only require the foam as it will fit inside the existing "cushion" cover) and the other 2 sections to be complete mattresses in removable covers, one of which lives inside the cupboard opposite the seat, this cupboard serve 2 purposes to be ⅓ of the bed and to store the 3rd section of mattress and bedding during the day. The cupboard door folds down to meet the seat opposite, so by removing the centre section of mattress from the cupboard and placing on this cupboard door we have a 4' by 6' bed.

So if I can reiterate we require 2 mattresses fitted with removable covers measuring 24" by 48", and 1 piece of foam only (uncovered) measuring also 24" by 48".

We also require them to be orthopedic for both of us suffer with bad backs.

Could you please quote a price for the 3 sections of mattress.

Keith Lodge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was their initial reply:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

Please would you be able to send a hand drawn template for this and we can then quote for you.

Kind Regards

?????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I thought this only deserved one reply as follows:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ?????, Template? Doesn't your company know what a 24" by 48" by 4" mattress looks like? To me it looks like a mattress that measures 24" by 48" by 4". I thought you were in the mattress making business? Seems not from your reply.

Keith Lodge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To which I received the following reply this morning:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

Apologies for this.

So all the pieces normal mattress shaped then? I will get back to you with prices.

Kind Regards

?????
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was soon followed by a further email with quoted prices and delivery estimate, to which I replied as follows:-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks for your reply, however we have opted for another companies offer.

Keith Lodge

Now my thinking is if you are part of a mattress making company you should be able to read dimensions and know what the customer wants. The company we have gone with Foamforcomfort, immediately rang me with answers to my questions. Another company Trusleep, answered one of Keith’s e-mails and we have not heard from them since, they have not even answered my phone call, even though I left a message and my number on their answering machine, despite the fact they said they will return the call as soon as they can, that was now 2 days ago. So that is two companies who lost our business. In this present climate companies need to step up to the mark if they want sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails