*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 20 June 2016

Atherstone Bottom Lock, to Tusses Bridge No.4 on the North Oxford Canal, Just South of Hawkesbury

We woke to the rain pounding on the roof of the back cabin and so we took the decision to not hurry off up the flight. We had hoped that it would possibly slow down or even stop. At 9.50 am with the rain still falling, we left our overnight mooring and set off up the flight behind another boat. We were then joined by a boat behind us, so we had ourselves a convoy.

We each helped the other with setting locks, which was a help in the rain. I was wet, but because it was warm it did not bother me. I did however find out that my steel toe capped shoes have died, because my feet were very wet. We made it to the top of the flight with the help of three volunteer lock keepers who were on duty.

The sun was doing its best to come out and by the time we reached Nuneaton we had warm sunshine warming our backs and drying me out. Keith was fine because he had the heat from the back cabin stove, which I had lit to cook our dinner and we could dry our clothes out if needed.

IMG_8380

IMG_8386

On our way through Nuneaton we met up with Martin Fuller on Cutter and Joe Fuller on Pinner, they had been to the Coventry Steam rally.

IMG_8387

We passed by my favourite dock. Charity Dock is so special, there is no where else like it on the cut.

IMG_8390

You have to look out for their dummies and what they are dressed up in.

IMG_8392

IMG_8395

Each time we have been past, they are always different.

IMG_84013

We did not moor up until late, but the evening is now glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails