*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 26 June 2016

It is all coming a long.

I had a late start today, as wel slept in till 8 am, which is unheard of on board, but I guess we both needed the sleep. Having taken Paddy for his walk, then fed him and Marmite, Keith made us Poached Eggs on Toast for our breakfast. I then got on with a second coat of Black Tile paint on the tiles behind the stove.

SAM_4574

I then got Keith to use his wire brush on his drill to clean the flue up before giving it a coat of paint.

SAM_4573

Whilst all the paintwork dried, it gave me another chance to do some more gardening. Keith tackled his fruit bush area, whilst I got on with the rest.

SAM_4571

We have done a couple of days of gardening and already there is a huge difference.

SAM_4572

The biggest problem is bindweed. It comes out of the hedgerow and covers everything. With that and the Blackberries, it has kept me busy with Keith helping.

SAM_4576

I put some straw around the Strawberries. Sadly we have lost a few, whilst we have been away, but hopefully we will get a few more over the coming weeks.

SAM_4577

Herb patch is looking good, although the Sage had died, so I need to get another one.

SAM_4578

Room to start digging soon.

The garden is now getting there and we do have some wildlife living in it.

SAM_4579

The bug log which Keith made, seems to have something now living in it. They could be solitary bees, but I have not seen anything yet, so cannot tell.

I have had a lovely day nattering with our new neighbour Maria, who we know very well and just getting back into the swing of things being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails