*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 19 June 2016

Fabulous time had by all.

Hi Folks.

Thursday we left Hopwas on a late start due to the weather and moved to Alvecote.

PTDC0254[4]

At Fazeley Junction it was so lovely to see that the properties had been finished, after standing empty for such a long time.

We arrived at Alvecote and moored opposite the Samuel Barlow.

PTDC0259[4]

I suggested we have lunch at the Samuel Barlow, so once we had locked the boat up we walked round to the pug, bought a pint each and ordered our lunch. The food and the beer were fantastic as always. Having had a great lunch meal at “The Samuel Barlow” we sat watching the England – Wales football match on the big television. Well done to England for winning.

After the match finished we went and had a cuppa with Rod on “Biddie”. He and Tracy are friends and a lovely couple. We were to see them again over the weekend.

13423906_10153523949221372_8997514173752346421_n

That evening the storm clouds gathered and it looked like we were in for one hell of a storm, but it actually did not come to that much in the end. It certainly looked good though.

IMG_8250

Saturday We went walking down to Pooley country park, whilst the weather was being kind. It is a lovely walk through woodland and the old slagheaps which mother nature has taken for her own. We walked a long the towpath on the way back.

IMG_8305

We also crossed over the canal and went to the Benedictine Priory. It was founded 1159 by William Burdett and dissolved in 1536. The surviving building remains date from the 14th century. A ruined medieval dovecote is also present on the site.

IMG_8307

IMG_8308

Saturday evening we caught up with Rod, Tracy, Viviee and Paul in the Samuel Barlow for a drink in the evening, which was fantastic fun. We had not seen Rod and Tracy for about three years and Viviee and Paul we saw last year at Braunston, so there was a lot to catch-up on. It was so much fun that we did not leave until midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails