*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 15 June 2016

Late start.

Hi Folks.

I think those of us who have been experiencing this dreadful weather, can only ask that it stops now.

We woke this morning yet again to heavy rain thumping on the roof of the boat. So with that sound ringing in our ears, we decided that we would be staying put.

Paddy as always did not enjoy his morning walk. He did what he needed to do and then did a swift about turn and legged it back to the boat. The towpath was extremely soggy under foot, which did not improve Paddy’s mood. He always looks depressed when he gets wet bless him.

Breakfast was eaten and coffee drunk and there was still no let up in the weather. By lunchtime we had resigned ourselves to not moving, but then low and behold the rain stopped after lunch and the sky began to show signs of brightening up.

We did move after 1 pm, which is very late for us. A head of us dark clouds were beginning to gather and it was almost certain rain was on its way, because in the distance I could see rain falling.

Hopwas

We made it to The Tame Otter moorings and it began to rain, so we pulled in and as we moored up the sky opened and dumped yet more rain on us. Luckily neither of us got totally drenched, but we would have done if we had carried on moving, because the rain was lashing it down.

Welcome to the British Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails