*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 25 June 2016

Happy to be home.

We have been home for a couple of days now and we are almost settled back in.

Our trip this year took 14 weeks 6 days, we travelled 454.7 miles, passed through 305 locks in 230 hours, oh and we must not forget the numerous lift and swing bridges.

Yesterday I made a start on our garden and have so far cleared half the weeds, ready to start the digging.

Today has been spent working indoors. We took the flue off the saloon stove and put it out on the decking. Keith took our saloon stove out and I helped lift it out of the way. Whilst Keith went off to buy a spanner, from our local DIY shop Torrys, I got on with the preparation of the tiles and walls, ready for painting. I painted the tiles behind the stove first. They were cream, but they are now becoming black. I need to do a second coat tomorrow. I then turned my attention to the walls, which I have painted in Moonlight White, which will brighten things up nicely. I had hoped to do the flue as well, but the heavens opened and the thunder clapped, so there will be no painting outside today.

Jobs done and lunch eaten, it was time to settle down to an afternoon of football with a coffee and a packet of sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails