*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 23 April 2017

Baking Sunday.

16508388_1439470796087656_6145444274906595077_n

Hello Friends and Followers.

Sunday and I have been watching the runners doing The London Marathon. I have total admiration for anyone who runs that race. I do not have the knees or legs for running, let alone doing a marathon, so well done to everyone who took part. I hope you all raised a lot of money for your charities.

My Sunday was much more sedate. I began my morning with the usual things, I then put a coat of blue gloss on the pigeon box, which is coming a long nicely now.

IMG_0194

Painting done, it was time to bake. I made fruit scones and a coffee sponge, so we will eat well this week. I enjoy baking, but I do not do as much as I used to. There is something nice about baking my own cakes.

IMG_0191

The flowers my friend gave me are still going strong and the smell is sublime. We have the scent of the flowers and my baking permeating around the boat.

IMG_0196

Whilst putting the paint from the pigeon box away in our bunker, I discovered we had lodgers in the form of Wasps. I find their constructions incredible, but sadly it could not stay in our bunker, so Keith took the nest down. I hope they find a better home else where.

IMG_0244[5]

I was out with my camera and spotted the first baby Robin in the Arm this year. I had seen the parents close by and then spotted this little one. You can see the rest of my photographs from today on my other BLOG.

I always think of Sunday as a day of rest, but in fact I think we all probably do more than in the week. I suppose it is a day when you can relax and do the things you want to do and not have to think about work. I am fortunate I do not have work to go to, but I still keep myself very busy, so Sunday is a day to relax and enjoy some me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails