*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 22 April 2017

What a Birthday.

thanks-to-everyone-that-wished-me-a-happy-birthday-yesterday

Hello Friends and Followers.

Well that is it for another year. I am now a year older and whether I am wiser we will see over the coming, days, weeks and months. One thing is certain, I had a lovely Birthday.

SAM_0381

During the morning we went to Wylies Tearoom, because I felt as it was my Birthday I needed cake and Wylies Tearoom does some of the best homemade cakes. I went for their Lemon Drizzle Layered Cake and Keith had Coffee and Walnut Cake and we were not disappointed. We have been in Warwick for over 3 years and this was our first visit to the tearooms in the centre of Warwick. It will not be our last.

photo1jpg

Wylies Tearoom is tucked away down a tiny side street. It isn't shabby chic or faux vintage, it is genuinely old, complete with original range odd shaped rooms and peeling paint, but what a find. Yes it's small, unsuitable for buggies etc, and the toilet is outside but the excellent service and a food. In the background the theme to Dr. Finley's casebook and Steptoe and sons is playing in the background, I loved it.

inside-the-tea-room

You can keep your Costa’s, Starbucks and Nero’s Wylies is the place to go.

After a quiet afternoon of doing nothing, we headed out for the evening to Warwick Spice. down Smith Street.

Warwick Spice

This Indian has an excellent reputation and as we like to try new places we thought we would give it a go. It is definitely advisable to book as we did, because it gets very busy.

SAM_0387

The food was sublime and the service was excellent. We both had the House Special Biryani as our main and oh my goodness it was amazing. It had Prawn, Chicken and Lamb in it and the Lamb just melted in the mouth. Dessert was a chocolate and mint pudding all washed down with a bottle of White wine. A fantastic evening was had and we will be going again. Warwick Spice is popular with celebrities. In May Willie Thorne the snooker player will be there to help our Molly Olly’s Wishes Charity. Warwick Davis has also eaten at the restaurant, although no celebrities were in last night.

SAM_0385 

For my Birthday I had some lovely cards and these flowers from my good friend and adopted Sister Jack. Keith and I do not bother with presents these days as we only have so much room on our boat and there is no room for useless things. But we always enjoy a nice meal out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails