*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 25 May 2017

There and back.

IMG_0454

Hello Friends and Followers.

So the trip out has come to an end. I know it was terribly short, but it was so lovely to be out and about even if it was just a short jaunt. At least our itchy feet have stopped itching for now.

IMG_0455

Radford Semele moorings do get very busy and by early evening they were pretty much full up. The afternoon, drifted into the evening and it was absolutely stunning in the evening sunshine.

IMG_0467

There was no better way to enjoy the evening than having a pint of Hobgoblin on the slide and my crochet to hand, as I watched the sun setting.

IMG_0469

The sky across the meadow was sublime, all it needed was a Barn Owl quartering on its hunt for food. Sadly I did not get the Barn Owl.

IMG_0475

As the sun slowly set, the sky looked more and more beautiful and we were able to watch this little bit of brilliance.

IMG_0486

IMG_0505

As the temperature dropped the river mist rose across the meadow, giving off a ghostly appearance and it was as thought world stopped for a few moments as there was no sound at all. The perfect end to a perfect day.

This morning we woke to the sound of the birds singing and people jogging along the towpath. It amazes me how personal their conversations are when they are out jogging and walking. I suspect they do not realise how thin a boats walls really are. Anyway we were awake early and so began the day with a cup of tea, with the sun shining through the pigeon box portholes. We got up at a leisurely rate and I took Paddy out for his morning stroll, which he found interesting, with lots of new smells, all of which had to be marked.

We left our overnight mooring at 8.45 am to head back into Royal Leamington-Spa for a food shop at Aldi. I got to try out my shopping trolley with new wheels on it and oh boy it was so much easier than a back-pack. Food stowed away, we then walked back into the town to sort out a problem with our 4GEE Mini, which shuts off if we do not use it for 5 minutes, which we felt was wrong and apparently it should not do this, so is being sent off to be tested. With it now being lunchtime, we felt it would be rude not to have another Chinese Buffet, which again was incredibly good.

We left Royal Leamington-Spa at 1.50 pm and pottled back to Warwick.

 18620414_10155358860339532_3168476990361729508_n

IMG_0514

Spring has definitely been busy producing such wonderful babies.

IMG_0547

The Swans and their Cygnets never fail to make me smile, because they are so beautiful.

IMG_0566

Mrs Mallard and her ducklings were around as well. She is so pretty with her colouring and markings.

There were quite a few other boats on the move and thankfully we did not meet them in difficult places.

18671146_10155358862609532_26393032373128313_n

We arrived back at our mooring at 3.25 pm having had a wonderful time out. So life will get back to normal tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails