*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 19 July 2017

All done.

Hello Dear Friends and Followers.

What a difference a day makes?
Yesterday we were boiling and today the sun has been replaced by heavy cloud and the threat of rain and thunderstorms. Other parts of the country have already been hit by the storms, but as yet nothing here. We had thought we were getting it last night, but it seems it did not get any closer to us than Coventry.
5 am I was awake and by 6 am I had made us a cup of tea. Up at 6.15 am, dressed, breakfast eaten and Paddy walked, so we could make another early start. One slight hitch was we were running out of Bitumen and even though I had phoned the boat yard for more yesterday it had not arrived. So first job was to second coat the tunnel bands and bow with Red and White. The Bitumen had still not arrived, so we got on and used up the little bit we had in the tin at 8.30 am I rang to ask if we could have our tin of Bitumen and was told that he would bring it down. Just after 9 am it arrived and and we were back in action again.
Come 11.30 am we were all done. Hadar had been second coated with Bitumen. No sooner we had finished Rob our engineer from Kate Boats arrived to work on drilling a hole in our hull for the raw water intake needed for our new generator. Keith and Rob got on with that job.
Oh no theres a hole in our boat.
Intake skin fitting fitted.
Intake valve in place. Now we must make sure it is turned off when the dry dock is filled up with water, otherwise we will have a leaky boat :-).
All in all it has been a busy few days, but once hadar is done she always looks fantastic.
Tomorrow we will leave the dock and head back down the flight to Saltisford, so the first thing we will do is start taking off the blacking, but that is the nature of the beast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails