*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 24 June 2018

Day 91: Goodbye Gloucester.

Hi Friends and Followers.

We had a wonderful final time in Gloucester. We did a spot of shopping, before going to Aroma, Indian Restaurant for lunch. If you are ever in Gloucester and love Indian food, then do go there. The food was very scrummy.
This morning the view from the engine room was blue sky and sunshine, with the heat already rising. Paddy got his walk in the relative cool, before we got the boat ready to leave the docks at 8 am.
We entered the lock and waved goodbye to such a wonderful city, which we will most certainly visit again.
Lock gates opened and we headed off up river. With a hope of mooring at Lower Lode.
No room at the Inn, so we carried on up through Upper Lode Lock.
The lock keeper rang the Avon Lock keeper to ask if she had any moorings for us, which she did, so we made our way to the mouth of the River Avon and Avon Lock.
We will be heading up onto the Avon in a couple of days and head for Stratford.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails