*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 2 August 2019

New Smoke Box.

Hello family friends and followers.

This past few days, we have been blessed with cooler temperatures and copious amounts of rain, which are causing issues in Derbyshire, particularly around Whaley Bridge, where we have friends. Fingers are so tightly crossed that the dam does not burst and everyone stays safe.

For me it has been a few days of getting the boat ready to go out again. You may remember me posting about our smoke box breaking. Today we received our new smoke box.
Having searched the internet for a new box, we found someone on Ebay selling a smke box for a Nipper stove, which was also suitble for Midland Chandlers Classic stove, so we contacted him with our measurements and he actually the right smoke box for our stove. Not only that he also does his own casts, so he is someone to keep on our friends list. If anyone is in need of a smoke box for the MD classic, let me know. We did a bit of fettling to make sure it was a perfect fit.
I then got on with the job of cementing it all together. Once the cement is dry I will then give the stove, smoke box and flue a repaint. Our old smoke box has gone off to see if it can be repaired and it will be a spare if it comes back fixed.
We are preparing to go back out, so this morning we received engine oil, for an oil change before we leave. I will be checking the gearbox oil, to see if that needs topping up. We are in the process of making sure we have any medication we need onboard and I am stocking up up bits and bobs. I am a woman who likes to be prepared for almost everything.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails