*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 14 August 2019

Day 3. Soggy start.


Hello family, friends and followers.

As suggested by the weather people, it was a soggy old start to Wednesday morning, but this did not deter Keith from catching the bus into Daventry. He was hoping that the staff in the EE store could sort out why my laptop will not connect to the hub, which we had repaired back at the beginning of July. Whilst he battled the weather, I stayed on board and got a few jobs done and some cleaning. The joys of cleaning the oven could wait no longer. I also got on with cooking lunch, ready for when Keith would get home.
The rain at times was coming down in such a deluge, I had visions of Keith coming home a drowned rat, but in fact he was not to bad. The issue of the hub and my laptop was not solved. We need to ring a 0800 number and speak to their customer services centre, who should be able to help, so we have decided to leave it until we return to our home mooring. So you will need to bare with me for a few weeks. I may or may not post.
After lunch the rain was beginning to diminish and at 2.00pm we decided we would make a move. We untied and set off towards Braunston Marina, where we winded.
Whilst Keith winded the boat, I was dumping a bag of rubbish in the bins by the toll house.
Once winded, we headed off into the dull, overcast yonder with a few boats on the move. 
We decided to stop at Bridge 79, Onley Wood Bridge, where there is a nice single mooring. it will do us for the night. We will see what tomorrow brings, in the way of weather and how far we decide to travel.

Pop back soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails