*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 16 August 2019

Day 5: Hartshill to Alvecote.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Wooo hooo I have a hot spot. Nooo not that sort of spot. I have some free Wifi, so you may actually hear from me for a few days. We cannot sort our hub out until we get home, so I will be relying on hotspots and free wifi.

We left Hartshill this morning at 8.05am and it was dry but very overcast.
We past the old BW yard. The clock never reads the correct time. I am not even sure if it still works.
The rain then decided it was time to start spit spotting. It was not hard to begin with and we are hardened boaters, so a drop of rain was not going to stop us.
We arrived at the top of the Atherstone locks just after 9am and waited for a boat to come out of the top lock, before it was time to descend the locks.
All the locks but one were with us.
We left the bottom lock and headed for the sanitary station, where we topped up with water, emptied the cassette and got rid of rubbish.
After an eventful mornings cruise, we arrived at the Samuel Barlow at 1pm. We locked the boat up and went cross for lunch and a pint.
Back home and it is now raining heavily, so maybe this is the weather the forecasters have been warning us about. Anyway we are fine and snug, so let it do its worse.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails