*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 20 August 2019

Day 9. Still catching up.

Hello family, friends and followers.

It is getting busy here at Alvecote, with boaters turning up for the coming Bank Holiday Weekend rally. I have spent a lot of the past couple of days catching-up with friends I have not seen for ages and I mean ages. I have also been given wool for my Collie blankets and given wool that I cannot use to other boaters, who will make good use of it. It is all about sharing in the boating community.
I am going to be a little boring, because there is very little news. It will all kick off on Friday and over the weekend, so I will not bore you with my cleaning and boat sorting out. After all there is only so much brass cleaning anyone can cope with and so I will skip that for now and move on to today.
This morning I finished blanket number 15 for the Collie's at the Border Collie Trust. I have already started number 16. After lunch, we headed over to The Samuel Barlow, to help with the boat moving. I say we, in fact Keith did the helping and I did the chatting and drinking of beer, which was great fun. It was so pleasant to sit in the bar with like minded people and enjoy a chat over a pint. It was also wonderful to catch up with a couple of friends I have not seen for two years. The joy of a boaters life, is you do not see someone for a long time, but when you get together it is as though you have never been a part. With the boat moving done, we both enjoyed another pint and loads more chatting and laughter. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this weekend and the weather is supposed to be good, but shhh do not tell the weather that.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails