*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 17 August 2019

Day 6: Catching up.

Hello family, friends and followers.

What a difference a day makes. After the wet and windy weather of yesterday, today was sunny and calm.
After the busy day yesterday, I decided that I needed my bed at 9.30pm last night. Every bit of me was aching and I was so tired, that my head hit the pillow and I was out like a light. I did wake to the sound of music and shouting men, because there was a party going on upstairs in the Samuel Barlow, but having told myself to go back to sleep, I did just that until 7am. I lazily stayed cocooned beneath the duvet, with the knowledge that I did not have to hurry out of bed. The only thing calling was the toilet, so having put a foot out beneath the duvet, I got up andmade us our first cuppa of the day.
We finally got up at 8.30am, which is quite something for us. With so little on my to do list. I opened up the boat and stepped out into some wonderful morning sunshine. Also up and about was Leon on Narrowboat Old Bovine. We had not seen Leon for years and so as boaters do we stood on the towpath, having a good old catch-up. He is staying for the rally, so we will definitely be spending more time nattering.
Whilst nattering, I noticed that Swallows were swooping in and out of a nest built under the eves of The Samuel Barlow. They were using a friends swan nect to perch on from time to time. They are such happy, chatty little birds and I look forward to watching them further.
After lunch, I took myself off to the Priory for a nosey around. it was where Benedictine Monks once lived.
On the site is also a Dovecote, which was built around the same time as the Priory. Sadly the door has been broken off and people have been lighting fires in this truly wonderful building. I will be contacting someone to do with looking after the site to see if something can be done.
Once back home. I made a start on cleaning the back cabin brasses. The outside ones can wait a few more days, just in case it rains again and ruins all my hard work.

Pop back soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails