*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 14 November 2018

Thank you.

Hello Friends and Followers.

Please accept this posting as my sincere thanks for all your lovely messages about our darling angel Paddy, who sadly went to sleep for the last time yesterday. Your messages have really helped, more than you can ever know.
He is running free with his best mate Marmite, after crossing the Rainbow bridge. That is of course if she let him in :-).
Paddy came into our lives in 2004, when he was 11 months old. He came from a working farm, but because of his owners poor health and moving he had to let Paddy go into the care of The Border Collie Trust UK. Fortunately for him and us, he went into the Trust on the Saturday morning and came home with us the very same afternoon. When we went to see him, Rachel one of the Trust workers, bought him out to meet us and he was so excited he lost all bladder control and tinkled on the floor. At that moment we knew he was coming home with us. What we did not know was he hate travelling in cars and so slobbered over every inch of the inside of the car and that also included me. Just as well the car was going for scrap after that, because we did not need a car and a boat to move. Paddy very happily lived on our first boat and thought nothing of it when we moved onto the boat we have now. He always took everything in his stride. His only dislike were the emergency service sirens. There was a particular pitch which drove him batty. When he came home with us he came with a bag full of teddies. We soon realised what they were for, when the sirens went off, Paddy ripped the heads off the teddies. The vet reckoned a certain pitch drove him nuts. Anyway over time we managed to get him to ignore the ones on the TV and he even accepted the ones on the roads. When last year he began to go deaf, it meant he could not hear the sirens, which was a blessing for him. I have so many happy and funny memories of our angel, which will see me through the sad times. He was very good at giving cuddles when required. He also liked to round Keith and I up when we first got him. he hated us being apart, which always made us giggle.
His favourite toy was a squeaky ball or a tennis ball. Paddy could go off the lead and would come back with many a tennis ball. At one point I had a carrier bag full, and gave them away to a dog charity.
He will always be in our hearts and thought, but we know we did the right thing in the end. His fits, bad back legs and eating issues, were more than he should have to bare, so he is now at peace and enjoying running free.
I thought I would share this poem with you that was sent to me by Bernard. It is so lovely.

"If it should be that I grow frail and weak
Or pain should wake me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can’t be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don’t let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stand the test.

We’ve had so many happy years,
What is to come will hold no fears,
You’ll not want me to suffer, so,
When the time comes, please let me go.

Do not grieve that it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We’ve been so close, we two, these years,
Don’t let your heart hold any tears."

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails