*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 21 March 2018

Day 2.

Hello Friends and Followers.

Day 2 of our cruising adventure 2018. I slept like a log last night, waking up at 5.45am and the birds singing. But before I go on about today. Last night was something special. I took his Lordship (Paddy) out for last wees and as we strolled along the towpath in the dark, a blood curdling sound echoed across the field. I was listening to Foxes calling from four different directions I determined. It was the call of the wild and I just had to stand and listen with a huge smile on my face. Not that anyone could see me smiling because it was dark.

Ok back on track. Being awake early was not a bad thing because I got to see the sunrise .
We had a severe frost overnight, so there was a bit of cat ice on the cut. It was absolutely beautiful. Moored behind us was Caroline and Ray who we had done the Hatton Flight with yesterday, they would be probably setting off after us.
We left the mooring at 8.15am and set off for Kingswood Junction and the Lapworth Flight of locks.
I work the locks up front and Keith closes them behind the boat, so I am always ahead of the game.
I made us coffee and put sausage rolls in the back cabin stove to heat through. It is nice to have something when working locks. Doing the flight today was a joy in the Spring sunshine.
We arrived at our mooring for the day at 11.30 am. We are now moored below the top lock at Lapworth, where we will be visiting a friend.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails