*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 23 March 2018

Day 4: BCLM Bound.

Hello Friends and Followers.

I had the most restful nights sleep. We were both in bed by 9.30pm due to being completely shattered. My head hit the pillow ans I did not know a thing until 6.30am, which was absolute bliss. Of course a cuppa was enjoyed in bed and we discussed the days plans, which were to get to the BCLM (Black Country Living Museum). Paddy got his walk along the towpaths of Birmingham and then he and Marmite enjoyed breakfast.
We left Birmingham at 8.25am with a spring in our step and a stiff breeze blowing in a nippy wind, which was capable of freezing the brass of monkeys at times.

Things were going so well we were pottling along merrily. until we got to Rylands Aqueduct on the Birmingham new line, Where there was a notice informing us the canal ahead was closed. It would have been more useful if the notice was at the Netherton Tunnel Branch junction so we didn't have to reverse back to it. We have since found out the stoppage is on till May. Yes I know we should have checked the stoppage list, but hey ho never mind. It was no big deal really. We winded and diverted by the Gower Branch, made a nice change though.
We went up Brades Locks for a change.
We are now moored at The Black Country Museum for the weekend. we are looking forward to catching up with friends and of course enjoying their fish and chips.

Pop Back Soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails