*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 12 April 2018

Day 21: Titford Pumphouse.

Hello Friends and Followers.

Before I tell you about our jaunt today I am feeling rather chuffed, because I have had two of my photographs excepted for the 2019 IWA Calendar. If you would like to vote for your favourite photographs, please follow the link. The vote is for the overall winner of the photography competition. My photographs are the cover and January. VOTE
It was a pewter coloured sky that greeted Paddy and I this morning as we went off for our walk and so this did not bode well for our short jaunt. As we were in no hurry to move, we waited to see what the weather was going to do, because it had begun to rain heavily. After about half an hour the rain stopped and so we set off.
Now the weather forecast was for showers today. Showers? One very long shower!
We came out of Netherton Tunnel and the heavy rain began to fall, so by the time we got to Brades Locks I was already rather soggy. The only upside was it was warm.
So with a damp run up from Windmill End through to Brades locks, all the way to the Titford Canal. Thankfully the rain did stop for our run up the locks.
Atlas & Malus where moored at the bottom of Oldbury locks, for their crew to dry out.
Oldbury No.1 lock alongside BCNS Titford pump-house.
We reversed up the arm and are now moored at BCNS Titford Pump-house for the weekend. Looking forward to exploring Oldbury which we did not have time to do 10 years ago when we came up here for the first and last time on the BCNS explorer cruise in 2008, which was our introduction to the BCN, and we have enjoyed it ever since then. Of course the Black Country and Birmingham are in my blood, due to my family history, but I do love the canals in Birmingham and in the surrounding area.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails