*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 27 April 2018

Day 34: Onward to Worcester.

Hello Friends and Followers.

I can honestly say I was completely shattered yesterday after our long day. I was sort of woken up early hours with Marmite coughing up a fur ball. My one worry was, where had she left it. I did find out at 6am when I got up to make a cuppa. I found out because I stepped on it in the engine room.
As we sat in bed drinking the first cuppa of the day, we were serenaded by Reed Warblers and Reed Buntings, which were in the reeds opposite the boat. The sounds of the birds announcing another day was beautiful, the sound of the rain dancing on the roof was not so good. We were going to get wet today.

After the 41 locks of yesterday, today we did a mere 14 locks, but they were done in the rain.
Before setting off, I re-hid the Bromsgrove stone I found yesterday. I had posted the photograph on the Bromsgrove Rocks page and got a comment from the mother, whose daughter had painted the rock, which was wonderful. I have hidden it again, so hopefully someone else will find it. Hint it is at Astwood Locks.
Because the locks have been pretty easy to do,I was none to worried about doing the 14 locks in the rain and once you are wet, then what does it matter.
This place was fabulous and it has its own chapel.
Entrance to the Droitwich Junction Canal, unfortunately now we no longer carry coal we are too high to pass under the motorway bridge hole.
On route I put some pasties in the back cabin stove, which we ate on the move.
We are now moored near the Commandery, Worcester. We have stripped off and are drying out with a coffee.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails