*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 4 May 2019

Day 56: Barrow upon Soar.

Hello family, friends and followers.

It has been a somewhat quiet day today. We have stayed put in Barrow upon Soar and let the Bank Holiday shenanigans go ahead without us.
Awake at around 7am, I made us a cuppa, before getting back beneath the duvet. I was so glad I kept the saloon fire in overnight, because it was most definitely chilly around the edges this morning. I think the weather forecast for overnight was for a frost and although I did not see one where we are, I would not have been surprised if there had been one. Once up and about, I got on with the boat chores and sorting a Sausage Casserole out for dinner, which would cook on top of the saloon stove.
We went for a walk around Barrow upon Soar, which is a sprawling village. As we are now into May, the trees are all in full fresh leaf, with some of them showing off their glorious blooms. The birds are in full throat, letting everyone know that the breeding season is in full swing and the hedgerows and verges are in flower. It does make one so happy to be alive. The walk into the village was taken via the towpath down to Barrow Boating, where you can hire a boat big or small or sit and have a cuppa at the cafe. We may just visit to again over the weekend for a cuppa.
From there we walked up into the village, which has a Co-op, hairdressers and other shops. It is up hill there and down hill back to the boat, where lunch was still cooking. I added some dumplings and put it in the oven to finish off.
After lunch, there was nothing for it, but to sit and read another book. I have been reading a crime book for a change. A Cotswold Killing by Rebecca Tope. I am coming to the close of the book and whilst I have enjoyed reading a different genre, I did find it was long and only got to the who done it right at the end and that was in a hurry. There is only so many times I want to read 'the doorbell rang'. It was ok that is all I will say. Not sure what I am reading next, so watch this space for that.
We had a visit from friends Maggie and Mark, which was lovely. They moor their boat close by and were out for a walk with their dog, so knocked on the boat. It has been an absolute age since we last saw them, so it was lovely to have a bit of a quick catch up.
My evening will be spent reading, sorting the stove out, making coffee and then bedtime.
Yesterday I was on Twitter and came across this footage.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/03/find-laughing-scumbag-threw-scared-dog-cliff-sea-9395493/?ito=article.desktop.share.top.twitter&fbclid=IwAR3sIVGXwiQSnWwZ9f0cUrEXH-ZVHp5KEYYeDO3GsYRV1S1qQQMEH9MBlEU
I can only imagine how terrified this poor dog was. But what person in their right mind would do this?

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails