*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 5 May 2019

Day 57: Still in Barrow upon Soar.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Sunday, it is a relax day as far as we are concerned. We have pretty much always stayed put over a weekend and if it is a Bank Holiday, like it is now we will not move Monday either. We prefer to enjoy our weekend and let others go about their boating or other activities. So yes we are still in Barrow upon Soar. With it being a Sunday, Keith decided to yesterday book us a table at the Soar Bridge Inn for a carvery lunch. It is always so much nicer when someone else cooks your roast for you and being on a boat it can mean a hot business doing a roast oneself.
The morning brew was made at just after 7am. I was actually a sleep until a couple of people walked past the boat, saying "Good morning" to each other. That woke me from my slumber, so there was nothing for it but to make a brew. The radio went on and we sat in bed and drank our first cuppa of the day. It is on mornings like this morning when I miss Marmite our tabby cat. Because she would of either been sleeping at the bottom of the bed, or would of come bounding in and jumping on us to make extra sure that we were awake.
Once up, the fire was stoked and refueled to keep it in. There was a distinct chill in the air, when I opened the back cabin door, which means the fire will remain in for the time being.
Come 11.45am, we closed the boat up and walked a short distance to the Soar Bridge Inn. Lunch was going to be their Sunday Carvery. Today we could choose from Turkey, Beef or Gammon and were allowed two choices, so I went for the Turkey and Gammon. Keith had the Beef and Gammon. We then had to decide on vegetables. Roasted Carrots, Roasted Parsnips, Cabbage, mashed Potato, we were also given stuffing and a Yorkshire Pudding. It was a fabulous meal all washed down with a pint of beer. We even found room for a pudding afterwards. An absolutely lovely place, meal and staff, so do stop and go and give it a try if you are in Barrow upon Soar.
After enjoying such a wonderful lunch, we went back to the boat the long way round and stopped off at Barrow Boating, where we had a coffee and a chat with friends Mark and Maggie, who were down on their boat with the lovely Collie Larry.
It has been a very relaxing Sunday, just how Sundays should be. I am a bit old school over Sunday's. I still think they should be a day off, with a roast dinner and a pint in the pub before lunch. There would be no shops open either, but that is just me. I think we have lost our way in this country in a lot of ways and working and shopping Sundays is one of them, but that is just my opinion.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails