*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 2 May 2019

Days 53 and 54: Langley Mill to Kegworth.

Hello family, friends and followers.

We have had the most wonderful couple of days with our lovely friends Irene and Ian Jameison on FreeSpirit. The most wonderful thing about boating friends, is you may not see them for an absolute age, but when you meet up again, it is like you saw each other yesterday and you carry on where you left off almost. We spent Tuesday actually doing very little. Ian and Irene took us for a stroll up the Cromford Canal and we also saw the Pumphouse and Toll House. It is such a interesting place and incredibly welcoming.
Irene's photograph.
We were moored alongside Irene and Ian during our stay and we had the most wonderful time, chatting laughing, drinking coffee and eating cake. Last night we went for a carvery in the Great Northern Inn near the moorings. A brilliant meal as was the beer. I reckon we must have chatted about most subjects and toilets never got a mention. Hopefully we will not leave it so long to see them both again.
This morning, we were up early and standing outside Lidl at 8am waiting for them to open. Shopping done and stowed away, we said our "Goodbyes" to Irene and Ian as it was our time to leave and head back down the Erewash.
We headed up to the winding hole, winded and returned to the top lock, which Ian very kindly set for us.
There is some amazing scenery. If you have never done the Erewash before, do make an effort to go and have a look.
Having done the first couple of locks, it became apparent that someone was leaving the bottom gates open. It was always the same gate, which was a give away. We had heard a boat leave at 6.10 am and wondered if it had been that boater. When we got down to Gallows Lock the said boat was moored on the lock mooring. All the locks after that were in our favour, so we knew which boater had been leaving the bottom gates open. We had some heavy downpours on our way down the locks, but once we got to Trent Lock the sun had come out and we were joined by a hire boat.
We both set off across the River Trent and onto the River Soar.
I think I have said this numerous times. I do so love rivers.
We did a couple of locks and are now moored about Kegworth Deep Lock. 
We seem to be moored on the flight path to East Midlands Airport. I hope they do not keep me awake tonight. Mind you I have worked so darn hard today, I will sleep like a log I think. Today we have done 14.9 miles 18 locks 9 hours.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails