*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 13 May 2019

Day 64: Foxton to Market Harborough.

Hiya Family, friends and followers.

What a brilliant day. The sun was shining and it was warm. We set off on an hours cruise into Market Harborough and moored up on the last remaining mooring. We used to do the coal run up this way for Four years and so know a lot of people here. After coffee and nattering to our neighbour, who is a lovely lady named Sally, I made us some lunch and then we headed off into the town.
Now for anyone who knows Market Harborough, you walk down a substantial hill into the town. As we walked down we were discussing the things which had change or were still the same. The last time we were here was 4 years ago and we stopped the coal run 6 years ago. There have been a few changes in the past 4 years, with businesses moving out and in. We walked down to see the gang at the local radio station Hfm. Over the years doing the coal run we spent many a happy hour doing their quizzes and joining them for events. It was brilliant to see them all and enjoyed a good old natter over coffee. There is nothing so special as a local radio station. After leaving the radio station, we had a wander around the town and did a bit of shopping. We have been looking for square plates and bowls, which will take up less room in the cupboard. Today we found what we were looking for in B&M.
They are Melamine and brilliant. Already I have more room in the cupboard. The only thing that annoyed me, was the bloomin sticky labels they put on them. They were a devil to get off. Anyway well chuffed with our new plates and dishes.
We did the charity shops as always, but did not find anything worth bothering with this time. They say what goes up must come down, in our case having walked down the hill into the town we then had to walk up it to get home. Blimey it works the old calf muscles.
This evening I am sitting with my feet up and enjoying a peaceful time before bedtime. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Pop back tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails