*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 2 September 2019

Day 22: Time to move on.

Hello family, friends and followers.

After leaving Hillmorton on Friday morning, we stopped briefly in Rugby, so I could do a quick food shop in Tesco. We then ploughed on to Braunston, where we spent a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the fun of the Braunston Turn, which I am renaming the Bow Thruster Turn, because that is all I seemed to hear. It was better entertainment than watching TV. There was crashes, bashes and toot toots.
After a fabulous weekend, we said "Cheerio" to Braunston after topping up with water and emptying the toilet cassette. We were fortunate to share the locks with another boat and the couple were so lovely. The lady and I had such a good laugh, which may surprise you when I tell you she retired a couple of years ago and immediately got told she has a life limiting disorder, which runs in her family. But she is not letting it get her down and is making the most of each moment. We laughed so much at life and what it has thrown our way and how we must grab life with both hands and run with it no matter what. She was an absolute delight and her grasp on life should be bottled. We said "Cheerio" to them after the top lock at Braunston and wished her well with enjoying life. They were heading up the Leicester Line to their mooring.
We headed for Braunston Tunnel first and they held back a little, so they did not have to deal with our noisy engine.
We did the Buckby flight on our own, which was fine. There were boats coming up, which was great because it cut down my work load. On the second to last lock, we met this lovely elderly gentleman with his parrot named Polly. He takes her everywhere and loves photographing her in different places, so we allowed him to put her and her cage on the roof of our boat and then he took her photo. He was tell me that he also takes her to the beach, but never leaves her for more than four hours at a time. Last year she flew off for two days, but did come back to her cage and so now he has had her wings clipped a little, so she cannot fly to far away. 
You really do meet some absolutely wonderful folk some days.
We moored up for the evening near Budbrooke Downs. We have horses and a railway line opposite us, and all is well in our world.
We had a stowaway. This beautiful Red Underwing Moth decided to come for a ride. I put it outside and it did not even say "Thank You".

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails