*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 11 September 2019

Day 31: Happy Anniversary.

Hello family, friends and followers.

Well where did that time go. Yes today is our Crystal Wedding Anniversary. Fifteen has just flown by, but then they do say "Time flies when you are having fun" and we have most definitely been having fun. Infact we are still on our honeymoon.
It was most definitely an eventuful day.
We left Hawkesbury Junction early doors and sped our way to the top of Atherstone. The weather was not cold, but it was cloudy and we did encounter light drizzle at times. We arrived at the top of Atherstone Locks at midday and were met with three other boats in front of us, so we knew it was going to be a slow descent to the bottom of the eleven locks and that proved to be the case.
There as a boat towing another boat and bow hauling it into and out of locks first. Then a single hander, who I helped down the locks. We aloso had boats behind us as well. It took us over three hours to do a flight of locks which normally takes us half that. Anyway we did have some laughs along the way.
We eventually arrived at Alvecote and moored up. For our Anniversary meal we went to The Samuel Barlow and had a fabulous meal and a couple of pints. That was the best way to finish the day.

pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails